Public health informatics has played a crucial role during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) have moved quickly to address the need for accurate information and stronger care delivery systems. In the US, there is also the need for better data flow between states. In order to address public health issues, better exchange of information and analyses is essential. The recent launch of the HL7® FHIR® Accelerator, Helios, shows advancing public health through establishing widely accepted healthcare standards is a key initiative. Join the HIMSS Interoperability & HIE Community as experts in public health data exchange discuss the latest capabilities to improve exchange in the healthcare system.
- Recognize the key aspects of public health informatics and impact the field continues to have on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify the value of data utility models and their ability to be used throughout many facets of the healthcare system.
- Follow the developing work of the new HL7® FHIR® Accelerator, Helios, as the initiative seeks out best practices for data exchange standards to help advance public health.
- Laura Young, Interoperability Consultant and HIMSS Interoperability, HIE Community Co-chair
- Lisa Bari, CEO at Civitas Networks for Health
- David Horrocks, President and CEO at CRISP
- Craig Newman, Public Health Interoperability Expert at Altrarum, Program Manager at HL7® Helios
- Claudia Williams, CEO at Manifest MedEx
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.