The Summit agenda comprises of four thoughtfully curated topics:
- The Modern CIO – What Does It Take?
- Predictive Analytics – The Shift for Healthcare Intelligence
- Enhanced Interoperability – Do we need Advance Data Systems?
- Person-Enabled Health – Innovation over Information?
About the HIMSS APAC C-suite Summits Series
The C-suite Summits Series by HIMSS provides unrivalled potential to forge new partnerships while sharing ideas with fellow leaders in healthcare. Curated specifically for C-suite executives, these summits recognise leaders in healthcare and offers them a prime venue to convene and discuss the latest trends in the industry.
Session 1: The Modern CIO – What Does It Take?
It is no secret that the CIO profile has become more prominent after the pandemic. They led the way in ensuring that technologies like telehealth would be indispensable, and in the aftermath of the pandemic, the CIO is now challenged to reposition their strategies through the approach of revolutionising and not reacting. Let’s hear from our thought leaders as they explore the role of the modern CIO.
- Moderator: Bruce Gray, Chief Information Officer, HIMSS, United States
- Speakers: Judy Jiao, Chief Information Officer, National Government Services, United States
- Colin Lim, Chief Information Officer and Chief Data Officer, Ministry of Health, Singapore
Session 2: Predictive Analytics – The Shift for Healthcare Intelligence
The use of predictive analytics in healthcare should extend beyond just achieving organisational efficiency and maximising resource allocation. There is tremendous potential to improve population health outcomes, such as by identifying at-risk populations for preventive care. Join this discussion as leading healthcare providers share how they are incorporating predictive analytics into their day-to-day operations.
- Moderator: Andrew Pearce, Vice President Analytics & Global Advisory Lead, HIMSS Analytics, Australia
- Speakers: Prof. Wonchul Cha, Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Director of the Digital Innovation Center, Samsung Medical Center, South Korea
- Dr. Lu-Cheng Kuo, Deputy Director of Center of Intelligent Healthcare, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan
Session 3: Enhanced Interoperability – Do we need Advance Data Systems?
The goal of interoperability is to ensure that information can be easily shared between different systems. But what areas then should we prioritize when attempting to achieve greater interoperability? Our speakers will be addressing these factors, ranging from management of inconsistent information to utilising new age tools.
- Moderator: Amit Trivedi, Senior Director, Informatics & Health IT Standards, HIMSS, United States
- Speakers: Dr. Kun-Ju Lin, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer and Vice Chairman of the Smart Medical Committee, Linkou Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taiwan
- Gareth Sherlock, Chief Executive, Owner, Turimetta Consulting, Former, Chief Information Officer at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi and Cleveland Clinic London, Australia
Session 4: Person-Enabled Health – Innovation over Information?
CIOs are seen as a catalyst to innovate ahead of the game. In their capacity as decision makers, CIOs lay the foundation for person-enabled health by advocating for innovative technologies to meet and deliver on an individual’s needs, values and personalized health goals. Our thought leaders will share their experiences in building this digital connectivity between people and their care providers.
- Moderator: A/Prof Low Cheng Ooi, Chief Technology Officer, Sheares Healthcare Group, Singapore
- Speakers: Ignacio Diaz Sanchez, Chief Information Technology Officer, Bumrungrad International Hospital, Thailand
- Benedict Sulaiman, Vice President – IT, Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care, Indonesia
|TUESDAY, 27 JUNE 2023
|13:00 – 13:15
||Opening Address and Keynote
|13:20 – 14:05
||Session 1: The Modern CIO – What Does It Take?
|14:10 – 14:55
||Session 2: Predictive Analytics – The Shift for Healthcare Intelligence
|14:55 – 15:15
||Content Hub Viewing
|15:20 – 16:05
||Session 3: Enhanced Interoperability – Do we need Advance Data Systems?
|16:10 – 16:55
||Session 4: Person-Enabled Health – Innovation over Information?