HIT Like a Girl pod is taking the show on the road to Mount Major Alton Bay, NH! Join the HIMSS New England Chapter on June 26 at 8:00 am ET for a COVID-safe hiking tour to walk and talk with women leaders in the region. Episodes recorded on the journey will be content for Season 6!
The hike is free but in the spirt of empowering women we would love for you to make a donation to Girls Inc. of the Seacoast Area. Girls Inc. of the Seacoast Area is an affiliate of Girls Incorporated, a national research, education and direct advocacy organization that inspires girls to be strong, smart and bold.
It’s All in the Journey
- Hiking is a great way to connect with other women safely while discussing work-life balance, career issues and other timely topics.
- Develop leadership and self-advocacy skills that will help you gain confidence, level-up or launch your brand.
- These types of women-led activities have been shown to help women scrutinize their leadership traits and experiences. They also reveal important information about the day-to-day environment in which they operate, which companies embrace, according to McKinsey.
What to Expect
- Registration for each event is open. Space is limited and will cap at the current number of attendees allowed to gather per state, per CDC guidelines.
- When you register you will select your timeslot for the hike. The hike will be broken out into heats to ensure we can maintain social distancing. Each heat will have a capacity cap.
- All participants commit to wear masks, obey social distancing recommendations, maintain hygiene standards, and follow CDC guidance as it evolves.
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes, day pack, water, trail snacks, sunscreen, hat, mask, hand sanitizer.
Mount Major and Brook Trail Loop is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, New Hampshire that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.
- Level: Moderate
- Meetup Location: 875 Mt. Major Hwy (Parking Lot)
- Fees: None
- Estimated Hike Time: 3 hours
- Max Attendees: 20 registrants per start time.
- Start times will be staggered every 30 minutes, to maintain social distance between groups
Sponsored content. The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.