For more than 10 years, healthcare leaders from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden have come together at the HIMSS Global Health Conference and Exhibition. We hope you will join us for the HIMSS Nordic Delegation to HIMSS23—the can’t-miss healthcare event of the year, where professionals throughout the global health ecosystem connect in person and digitally for the education, innovation, and collaboration they need to reimagine health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Enjoy world-class education with 400+ general and specialty sessions from healthcare and innovation thought leaders.
- Collaborate with peers on topics from Al and big data to cybersecurity and telehealth and more.
- Discover products and services, connect with startups and other innovators, and network with global colleagues.
Programme at a Glance
|European Welcome Reception||European Leaders Exchange||HIMSS23 Opening Keynote*||Nordic Lunch & Learn||Northwestern Hospital Tour|
|Nordic Leadership Exchange & Lunch||Nordic Lunch & Learn||International Reception||Nordic Lunch & Learn|
|HIMSS23 Opening Reception*||Nordic Dinner||Thursday Night Special Event**|
Download the Nordic onsite guide
Monday – Nordic Leaders’ Exchange: EHDS on a deeper level
After the morning session of the European leaders' exchange, this Nordic Leaders’ Exchange will focus on the proposed EHDS legislation in the Nordic setting. We will continue diving into the main questions: Are countries ready? What is needed for the Nordic region? How do the countries prepare and how will they implement the new legislation? How do they prepare for the Nordic Commons? Short presentations by Nordic governmental stakeholders will follow a panel discussion.
- Sweden; Michel Silvestri, Head of Unit, Coordination Department of the Swedish eHealth Agency
- Denmark: Erik Jylling, Health director of the Danish regions
- Norway: Nard Schreurs, CEO, EHiN
- Finland: Markus Kalliola, Project Director, Sitra
- Iceland: Svava Maria Atladottir, Executive director of Development, Landspitali university hospital
Tuesday Lunch & Learn: From reactive to proactive care: what’s the deal with municipal care?
In the digital transformation where we move from reactive to proactive care, there are many players in the field. During this session we will explore the view of different countries on the role of welfare and/or municipal care and we will discuss how to make good use of available data from this sector in order to improve the holistic wellbeing of the citizen.
- Didi Davis, VP, Informatics, Conformance and Interoperability, The Sequoia Project
- Jay Nakashima, Executive Director, eHealth Exchange
- Päivi Sillanauke, Ambassador for Health and Wellbeing, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
Wednesday Lunch & Learn: Operational Efficiency and resource saving
During this Lunch & Learn, Oslo University Hospital and Helsinki University Hospital will present two entirely different cases on a topic that concerns all of us: Operational Efficiency and resource saving.
- Kim Nygård, Chief Physician, Helsinki City, Finland
- Harald Noddeland, MD PhD, Deputy Director of Division, Oslo University Hospital, Norway
- Tormod Lysne Voje, Partner KPMG, Norway
- Stian Sollien, Director Health Industry, ServiceNow, Norway
Thursday Northwestern Hospital Tour
The Northwestern Medicine Mansueto Innovation Institute enables Northwestern Medicine to foster new medical technology innovations to transform and improve healthcare. Its mission to rapidly find, evaluate and activate internal and external innovative solutions for challenges affecting Northwestern Medicine patients and care teams today and to transform future care delivery is key to advance the overall mission, vision and values of Northwestern Medicine.
One of those innovative solutions you would get to know is Moxi, one of the initiatives to bring clinical automation and robotics to the health system.
Another area we would get to explore is the Institute of Augmented Intelligence in Medicine. The mission of the Institute for Augmented Intelligence in Medicine is to bridge computational methods with human expertise to advance medical science and improve human health. We will hear from Ngan MacDonald, I.AIM Chief of Data Operations, on how we can use insights that are gained not only from the tools we use, but also from the computational methods that exist nowadays.
This tour has limited places available and is by invitation only.
Registration is closed.
You will need a ticket to HIMSS23 as well as your pass for the Nordic Delegation, which allows access to the abovementioned programme. When you register you can either:
- Purchase a ticket to the Nordic Delegation with a discounted ticket to HIMSS23.
Healthcare Provider, Government: $1,880
Vendor, Consultancy Firm: $2,280
- Purchase a ticket to the Nordic Delegation only (if you already have a ticket to HIMSS23)
Healthcare Provider, Government: $955
Vendor, Consultancy Firm: $1355
(These prices do not include flights, hotels, etc)
Sponsors & Partners
For information on how to join the HIMSS Nordic Community and gain enhanced presence in the Nordic Delegation, contact Amber Hidding
HIMSS23 Welcomes you to McCormick Place. McCormick Place is the largest convention center in North America. The convention center is comprised of 4 buildings, the North, South, West and Lakeside Center which includes the Arie Crown Theater. The expanded McCormick Square campus includes the 10,000 seat Wintrust Arena.
Plan ahead by getting familiar with McCormick Place maps, parking, and more information.
For more information on the HIMSS Nordic Community please visit our website.