Interoperability in healthcare is at an inflection point. Great progress has been made, but many challenges remain that limit stakeholders’ ability to fully optimize the delivery of quality, value-based care while also reducing costs. Major FHIR®-centric initiatives have emerged to address these barriers and allow healthcare to embrace interoperability that has fueled innovation and disruption in other industries. Join the HIMSS Interoperability & HIE Community for a virtual discussion about how interoperability is fueling innovation and disruption in healthcare and beyond.
The Da Vinci Project and ONC FAST
The HL7® Da Vinci Project and ONC’s FHIR at Scale Task Force (FAST) are two initiatives leveraging FHIR to liberate data in support of value-based care and promote scalable adoption. Through cross-industry, consensus-based effort, these initiatives create essential use cases, guidelines, and implementation guides with the goal of removing barriers to FHIR scalability.
The Global Consortium for eHealth Interoperability
In early 2020, HIMSS, HL7® International, and IHE International formed the Global Consortium for eHealth Interoperability. The Consortium enables national governmental agencies, health systems and their stakeholders to leverage emerging interoperability standards and the latest implementation guidance to achieve better, lower-cost health outcomes by decreasing barriers and accelerating the rapid, coordinated, efficient deployment of next-generation, API-based interoperable standards.
- Explore the reasons behind global interest from stakeholders across the healthcare information and technology industry in the HL7® FHIR® standard
- Learn how the API model and HL7® FHIR® standard are transformative to healthcare
- Discuss the ways in which FHIR® enables use cases in support of value-based care, including “in-workflow” integration
- Discover recent and upcoming Global Consortium for eHealth Interoperability activities for your organization to be involved in
- Patrick Murta, Chief Interoperability Architect & Fellow, Humana; Co-Chief Architect, FAST, Da Vinci Coordinating Committee Member
- Adam Bazer, Senior Manager, Informatics, HIMSS
- Amit Trivedi, Director, HIT Standards and Informatics, HIMSS