COVID-19 has completely changed our way of life and significantly increased the number of individuals experiencing social isolation. This event will focus on the impact of social isolation on the physical well-being and mental health of everyone—regardless of age or location. Learn about social isolation as a social determinant of health (SDOH), strategies to improve coding for social isolation and discover exciting innovations to improve and facilitate social connections.
- Define SDOH and the benefits of utilizing Z codes.
- Describe the difference between social isolation and loneliness.
- Recognize the impact of social isolation on mental health and physical well-being.
- Identify at least one new initiative to reduce social isolation.
- Presented by:: George Washington University students: Lizzy Kilby, MHA candidate; Leen Salameh, MHA candidate; and Sanika Kulkarni
- Moderated by: Toria Shaw Morawski, MSW, HIMSS TIGER Staff Liaison, Senior Manager, Professional Development
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.