Presented by the HIMSS Physician Committee
COVID-19 challenged us in ways we never imagined. It also made us embrace innovation to ensure patients could receive the medical care they needed. One result is "virtual medicine" becoming a household name. Physicians and patients turned to this option in much higher volumes over the past year, and medical experts see it as a sustainable option for many going forward.
What does this mean for healthcare? Join the HIMSS Physician Committee at this virtual event to explore future opportunities for acute care telemedicine; how home health devices assist in monitoring, testing and managing chronic disease care remotely; and the cybersecurity requirements to protect patient data in the process. Gain insights from a panel of experts on ambulatory care, acute care, government relations and more.
- Recognize opportunities for asynchronous care to ensure continuity for chronic disease management with higher patient engagement and more efficient use of healthcare resources.
- Gain insights into interoperability opportunities with home health devices and EMRs.
- Discuss the future of acute care telemedicine and its global reach.
- Dhruv Joshi, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist; Director, Cloudphysician Healthcare
- Brian Levy, MD, Senior Physician Executive, Cerner
- Haala Rokadia, MD, Pulmonary and Critical Care Specialist; Tele-ICU Program Director, Sound Physicians
- David Gray, Director, Government Relations, HIMSS
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.