Physician Community Member Profiles
Explore the different career pathways physicians have taken to be involved in medical informatics.
Access the Physician Community Member Profile Series>
What is Medical Informatics?
Understand the evolving field of medical informatics from its past to present.
Medical Informatics Defined
Ken Ong, MD, MPH, further defines and promotes the history of medical informatics and how it applies to Physicians.
Clinical Informatics becomes a board-certified medical subspecialty
The American Board of Medical Specialties has now recognized clinical informatics as a subspecialty
Health Informatics Training System (HITS)
Self-directed online course designed specifically for professionals new to the healthcare IT field or professionals with limited experience with computersand technology.
Activities & Resources to Come
- Disseminate terminology resources
- Provide educational webinars
- Provide general guidance for young and new physicians
- Provide established community resources
- Engage with HIMSS Emerging Professionals Community
- Provide quarterly communication at 101-level