The HIMSS Federal Health Community is a complimentary networking platform and community of profession for HIMSS members who are also federal government employees. Our Community works to:
- create an environment for members to collaborate in using health IT to improve healthcare delivery
- foster cross-agency information sharing,
- provide opportunities to network
- provide leadership, guidance and domain expertise to HIMSS activities and industry initiatives.
Our mission is to engage thought leaders, policy makers and implementers to promote healthcare transformation through information technology.
How do I Join?
Joining is easy, email Afton Wagner, Pharm.D. today! Community participation is a benefit for members who qualify, including:
- Federal agency staff (such as Department of Defense Military Health System, Department of Veterans Affairs, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Food & Drug Administration, and Social Security Administration)
- Contractors on service support contracts with federal agencies
Afton Wagner, Pharm.D.
HIMSS Manager, Federal Affairs
Chair: Kevin P. Seeley, Lt Col, USAF, MSC, CPHIMS
Office of the Air Force Surgeon General (HAF/SG3)