The nature of health information and technology is changing and growing at a rapid pace. This is resulting in career opportunities that are evolving quickly. The job titles, requirements and responsibilities are still being defined, yet there are clear market trends that are important for emerging professionals to recognize and understand. This webinar will focus on how the evolution of health information technology careers are providing emerging professionals opportunities that were unavailable just a few years ago. Details will be provided on the wide variety of roles available in the market today, where the industry is headed, and the skills and knowledge that are sought after. Tips on how to take advantage of these trends in your career and positioning yourself properly will be highlighted.
- Examine the impact of data and technology on HIT careers
- Illustrate the skills that employers are seeking
- Explain how early careerists can prepare themselves to move into or advance in HIT roles
- David Marc, PhD, CHDA, Associate Professor, Department Chair, Health Informatics Graduate Program Director, The College of St. Scholastica
- Eric Nordgren, Program Manager, Department of Health Informatics and Health Information, The College of St. Scholastica