Calling all undergraduate and graduate students: We’re seeking program assistants for HIMSS23. You’ll help with on-site operations during conference events and receive amazing benefits, networking opportunities and more in exchange. This is a paid position for all hours worked.
Application deadline is Friday, January 27, 2023
- Complimentary conference registration*
- Pay for all hours worked
- Complimentary beverages + snacks throughout the week
- Discounted hotel rates
- Network with industry professionals
- Attend conference education sessions*
- Exhibit hall featuring hundreds of health information and technology companies*
- HIMSS-branded full-zip jacket
*Your badge will allow access to both the education sessions and the exhibit floor.
Areas of Responsibility
EDUCATION/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – There are many moving parts to the Program Assistant responsibility under Education/Professional Development: ensuring day-long symposia and education sessions run smoothly via welcoming and assisting speakers, minimal technical assistance/troubleshooting, speaker and attendee check-in and answering general Global Conference questions.
SPECIAL MEETINGS & EVENTS – Conference attendees enjoy activities including workshops, receptions and more. Program Assistants in these areas are responsible for assisting attendees with convention center directions, keynote sessions, registration check-in at receptions, networking events, optional events, etc. and any other logistics needs that arise onsite.
** Must be able to stand for long periods and be customer service oriented
- Currently an undergraduate or graduate student in healthcare information and technology or a related field
- Available to be on-site in Chicago, Illinois from Sunday, April 16th – Friday April 21st, 2023 at 3pm CT.
- 21 years or older
- 1 hour Zoom training two weeks before conference
- 3-4 hour onsite training & orientation Sunday, April 16th
- Monday – Friday (includes Sunday training)
- Shifts can start as early as 7AM
- Special Meetings & Event shifts may vary
- Airfare/Transportation to and from Chicago, IL.
- Hotel Accommodations
- Food and Beverage throughout the week aside from beverages/snacks
Submit your application by Friday, January 27, 2023.