Calling all undergraduate and graduate students: We’re seeking program assistants for HIMSS24 Orlando, Florida! You’ll help with on-site operations during conference events and receive amazing benefits, networking opportunities and more in exchange. This is considered a paid internship position and you will receive compensation for all hours worked.
Application deadline is Friday, December 8, 2023
- Complimentary conference registration*
- Pay for all hours worked
- Complimentary coffee throughout the week
- Daily Meal Voucher
- Discounted hotel rates
- Network with industry professionals
- Attend conference education sessions*
- Exhibit hall featuring hundreds of health information and technology companies*
- HIMSS-branded full-zip jacket
*Your badge will allow access to both the education sessions and the exhibit floor.
Areas of Responsibility
EDUCATION/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – There are many moving parts to the Program Assistant responsibility under Education/Professional Development: ensuring day-long symposia and education sessions run smoothly via welcoming and assisting speakers, minimal technical assistance/troubleshooting, speaker and attendee check-in and answering general Global Conference questions.
** Must be able to stand for long periods and be customer service oriented
- Currently an undergraduate or graduate student in healthcare information and technology or a related field with a graduation date of Spring 2024 or later
- Available to be on-site in Orlando, Florida from Sunday, March 10th – Friday, March 15th, 2024, 2pm.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
**Please make sure that your professors/University allow for time off if you have scheduled classes during conference week prior to applying
- 1 hour Microsoft Teams training 3 weeks before conference
- 4 hour onsite training & orientation Sunday, March 10th, 2024 at 1pm EST.
- Monday – Friday (average of 25 hrs/week)
- Shifts can start as early as 6:45AM
- Special Meetings & Event shifts may vary
- Airfare/Transportation to and from Orlando, Florida
- Hotel Accommodations (Employee Discounted Rate Available)
- Food and Beverage throughout the week aside from daily meal voucher
Submit your application by December 8, 2023.
Please reach out to Natalie Nguyen (Natalie.Nguyen@informa.com) if you have any questions.