Call for Reviewers for HIMSS23
Thank you for your interest in the HIMSS23 Call for Reviewers. The call is now closed. The HIMSS24 Call for Reviewers will open in the spring of 2023.
Review proposed education sessions for HIMSS23 held in Chicago! The Call for Reviewers is a yearly request for HIMSS members to review and recommend proposals that have been submitted for the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition within their areas of expertise. All HIMSS members are encouraged to apply to be reviewers.
The peer review process for proposals enhances efficiency and maximizes the quality of education offered to conference attendees. 200+ subject matter experts are selected—and our reviewers are the backbone of this critical process.
Led by the HIMSS Global Health Conference Education Committee (GHCEC), review teams meet to evaluate proposals. Each proposal is evaluated by a minimum of three reviewers, based on several criteria.
The GHCEC and Reviewers select initial proposals for inclusion in the conference education program and ensures their optimal timeliness and relevance. Selected speakers have approximately three months to submit a first-draft presentation. The GHCEC and mentors review the presentation drafts to ensure they follow guidelines and reflect the content initially submitted in the proposals. Final presentations are due one month prior to the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition. Within our ever-changing industry, this process presents a best practice for ensuring optimal, world-class, peer-reviewed education sessions.
- Be a current HIMSS member. Member number is required to submit the application.
- Submit a completed reviewer application and a current resume/CV
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in one or more HIMSS23 topic categories
- Reviewers are selected on a first-come, first-served basis
- No more than five reviewers will be selected from the same organization
- Reviewers must be unbiased in reviewing, scoring and recommending proposals
All reviewer candidates are evaluated by the GHCEC. Applicants will be notified of their reviewer status after the GHCEC reviews completed applications and current resumes/CVs.
- Be among the first to read the education proposals submitted through the HIMSS23 Call for Proposals
- Earn points toward HIMSS Senior/Fellow advancement and CPHIMS/CAHIMS certification
- Mentor speakers through the presentation preparation process
- Receive a $100 non-transferrable discount toward the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition registration fee
Review and score proposals
Reviewers will read and evaluate proposals online via the proposal submission site. A reviewer should expect to review and evaluate/score an average of 10–20 proposals in a given topic area.
Reviewers will work with the GHCEC topic category liaison to recommend proposals to move forward.
Work with accepted speakers
Reviewers will work one-on-one with one or two accepted speakers to guide them through the presentation process, acting as a sounding board and providing them with constructive feedback. Reviewers will be paired with presentations within their areas of expertise.
Contact Deb Clough, program manager, Global Health Conference education