Qualifying Criteria for HIMSS24 Press Credentials
The criteria below assume applicants are either full-time journalists or journalism is the applicant's main function. The HIMSS Strategic Communications team defines a journalist as authors of original content for a media outlet or publication on a regular basis.
Journalists approved for general media credentials are expected to use that access for the purpose of covering the topics of health information and technology during HIMSS24.
- All media organizations are limited to three (3) credentials per news organization, inclusive of both writers and production crews.
- Analyst organizations are limited to two (2) credentials per organization.
Press registration will close March 10, 2024. Onsite registration is not available to press, with very few exceptions.
Press Categories and Guidelines
Individuals who do not qualify as accredited media in any of the following categories will need to register as an attendee to access the HIMSS24 campus.
Print, Broadcast & Newswires
Journalists from print, broadcast, or newswire news organizations can receive HIMSS event press credentials if their publication's website has the individual's name listed as part of the reporting team.
Publishers and copy/content editors do not qualify for press credentials. Members of the organization in executive management, administration, and/or research do not qualify for press credentials.
In some cases, a journalist's publication may also be exhibiting at HIMSS24. In those circumstances, journalists must apply as press or as an exhibitor, but not both.
Websites, Blogs and Podcasts
Digital journalists can receive a HIMSS event press credential if they provide the following:
- The name of the publication and website to which they publish during HIMSS events. The applying journalist's name should be listed on the website in an editorial capacity.
- Demonstrate online readership/listenership is more than 7,500 unique engagements per month.
- News outlet or blog website has a MOZ domain authority score of 30 or higher. Utilize Free MOZ Domain Tool to check the domain authority score.
Sponsored bloggers, bloggers for company pages, personal website writers, consultants who blog to promote businesses, designers, public relations professionals and copy/content editors do not qualify for press credentials.
Freelance Reporters & Photographers
Freelance contributors on assignment can receive HIMSS24 press credentials if they provide the following:
- A letter or email from the editor or senior member of the editorial team, from the company letterhead or email address, stating the freelancer is covering HIMSS events on assignment for their publication.
- The freelancer should complete the registration process with the publication that assigned coverage of the event
Marketing, public relations, or other industry executives who contribute bylined articles to news outlets do not qualify for press credentials. You must register under the assigning publication's name and not your individual business name.
HIMSS allows analysts from recognized industry firms to receive press credentials if they can provide a bylined, published report related to the health IT industry that was published within the past six months.
Analysts and consultants who develop a client-only publication for their own firm or another firm do not qualify for press credentials. Financial analysts and consultants do not qualify for press credentials.
Access to HIMSS24
To apply for press credentials, please complete the HIMSS24 press registration.
Press will pick up credentials (badges) in the press room at HIMSS24.
Those accepted as press for HIMSS24 by meeting the guidelines above will have access to conference events (not including events with additional costs), the exhibit hall during regular hours, a room equipped with WiFi and charging stations.
All media credentials are provided at the discretion of the HIMSS Strategic Communications team. HIMSS Strategic Communications team reserves the right to accept or deny press credentials.
- The accreditation team may ask for information in addition to what is described above to validate journalistic merit and focus area.
- For additional information, please contact the HIMSS Strategic Communications team at email@example.com.