Session 1: 9:00 am – 9:45 am
The Promise and Peril of Technological Advancements in Healthcare: The Current Pulse Across the Industry
With the healthcare landscape undergoing profound transformation, technological advancements like artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science and so much more hold promise, possibilities, and hope for patients, their caregivers and their families. However, to deliver care today, healthcare executives across the United States and beyond are dealing with seismic, multifaceted shifts in healthcare.
- Summarize the three major challenges healthcare executives are faced with today.
- Identify opportunities to address the challenges experienced by provider executives across the digital health ecosystem.
- Develop a roadmap within your own organization to overcome potential challenges when leading transformational change.
Session 2: 10:15 am – 11:00 am
Innovation in Action: Delivering Care to the Most Vulnerable
Based on the belief in the transformational and potential power of data in healthcare, the Parkland Center for Clinical Innovation (PCCI), a nonprofit data science and innovation hub located in North Texas, focuses each day on the intersection of artificial intelligence and digital technology to advance the health and well-being of their most vulnerable community members. To do so, however, requires building and nurturing partnerships both internally and externally to the organization, understanding the needs of the community based on data, and investing in resources to achieve the strategic vision.
- Identify the mission, vision and strategic purpose of establishing an Innovation Hub focused on the community’s most vulnerable population.
- Examine the partnerships, and their purposes, that helped to establish, nurture, and maintain a focus on delivering care.
- Discuss the three most important practices of an advanced Innovation Hub that ensures success today and into the future.
Session 3: 11:00 am – 11:45 am
Finding Harmony Between Innovation and Security in Healthcare
Physician and patient-led demands for technology play an active role in the care cycle and are transforming healthcare at an unprecedented pace. To fuel this innovation, organizations of all types and sizes are sending and receiving an increasing amount of data—and in new and different ways. At the same time, privacy and security risks are growing with threats like cyberattacks and other malicious acts. The concurrent explosive growth in AI, particularly generative technologies like ChatGPT, are fundamentally transforming the industry and expose novel challenges to innovate security. These combined forces create immense pressure for healthcare leaders to balance risk with reward when empowering today’s healthcare workforce to transform care delivery.
In this session, explore the dynamics of innovation and transformation in healthcare, proven approaches that balance risk and reward, and specific real-world examples of reaching harmony to transform care delivery. You’ll take away actionable strategies to measure risk and reward, frameworks to simultaneously manage innovation and security, and details about how to stand up a tiger team of leadership to guide organizations through conflicting forces leading to successful outcomes.
- Discuss emerging technologies that pose some of the greatest security risks.
- Develop a framework to assess risk and reward of healthcare innovation initiatives.
- Identify cross-functional leaders who can harmonize innovation and security in healthcare.
Session Moderator and Speaker: Jeremy Carriger, Chief Information Security Officer, Arcadia
Session 4: 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
Session title TBD
Session 5: 1:45 pm – 2:30 pm
Session title TBD
Session 6: 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm
A Continuous Pursuit of Excellence: Leveraging Strategy, Operations, and Financial Acumen to Drive Growth
While today’s healthcare executive leaders are focused on strategic imperatives that move their organizations forward by serving in a multitude of ways, creating an environment that supports this focus of a continuous pursuit of excellence, building strong partnerships, maintaining community-centered values, and nurturing innovative thinking is paramount. To do so, one’s approach to organizational growth includes passion, a plan, a commitment to service excellence, and other strategies to ensure favorable health outcomes are realized.
- Examine various attributes that support a culture of continuous pursuit of excellence.
- Identify ways to maintain and nurture a commitment to service excellence.
- Describe ways to support an environment of continuous growth