Hank Fanberg, FHIMSS, CMPE
Hank Fanberg has more than 25 years of experience as a health system executive driving complex business, operational, and technical initiatives, including strategic planning and innovation; clinical practice development and implementation; partnerships and business development; applying IT to transform care delivery and operations improvement; advocacy and communitywide coalition building to improve health.
Fanberg’s experience includes:
- Member of the senior information management team responsible for the governance, planning, implementation, training, operations, quality improvement and support of all IT systems for a $6.2 billion health care system with a $150 million IT budget and a staff of 475.
- Member of a multidisciplinary team of IM and non-IM CHRISTUS leaders that develop system wide strategy where he provides thought leadership on telehealth and virtual care
- Supports CHRISTUS Advocacy team as a subject matter expert health IT with federal, state and local legislators and regulators to educate and advocate for the use of health IT as a means to improve health care quality, safety and efficiency.
- Conceived and implemented a child wellness program for the Corpus Christi School District (39,000 enrolled children) in partnership with a local grocery chain to address metabolic syndrome and childhood obesity.
- Successfully lead the initiative to obtain ONC funding and approval for the Health Information Network of South Texas HIE.
- Obtained $15.6 million in funding from the FCC to increase broadband availability for rural and small hospitals and to connect them to hospitals that offer higher acuity services.
- Chairs the statewide health IT advisory committee to the Louisiana Department of Health.
Fanberg serves on the HIMSS mHealth Policy Work Group and as a member of the HIMSS Public Policy Committee. He has been part of the Professional Development Work Group and is active in the Louisiana Chapter of HIMSS, where he currently serves on the board of directors.