View a detailed breakdown of fees associated with the HIMSS Certification program.
HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member - $190 US
HIMSS Member (excludes Chapter Only and Online Only members) - $240 US
Non-Member - $315 US
HIMSS Organizational Affiliate Member - $375 US
HIMSS Member - $405 US
Non-Member - $525 US
HIMSS Member - $150 US
Non-Member - $215 US
HIMSS Member - $250 US
Non-Member - $350 US
HIMSS Certification is a natural complement to many positions that veterans hold during or after active duty. Fee reimbursement eliminates a potential barrier veterans face to becoming certified in healthcare information and management systems, and may open the doors of opportunity for further advancement.
In order to be reimbursed for the HIMSS Certification Program, you must be eligible for the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP), Veterans Education Assistance Program (VEAP) or Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA) programs.
Applying for Fee Reimbursement for Veterans
Applying for the benefit is a simple process. Within one year of completing the HIMSS Certification Exam, send the following information to your assigned VA office:
- Your name
- Your social security number
- The name of the test (please specify "CPHIMS Examination" or "CAHIMS Examination")
- The date you took the exam
- The amount you paid in exam fees
- The name and address of the issuing organization (please specify "HIMSS, 33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60603-5616")
- A copy of your exam results
- A request for reimbursement
- The following statement: "I authorize the release of my exam information to VA."
- Your signature
For more information about the benefit and eligibility requirements, visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website or call (888) 442-4551.