You and your organization want to stay on top of the latest trends and changes in the health IT industry. HIMSS’ research projects – the single source for credible research in healthcare information technology – can help you stay on the cutting edge of the rapidly evolving healthcare world.
Our flagship surveys include:
- The Annual HIMSS Leadership Survey provides insight on key topics including IT priorities, issues driving and challenging technology adoption.
- The Compensation Survey allows healthcare information technology (IT) professionals to compare salaries and compensation packages with an overview on the overall market.
Additional survey research released in the last year includes:
- The 2018 HIMSS Cybersecurity Survey provides insight into what healthcare organizations are doing to protect their information and assets, in light of increasing cyber-attacks and compromises affecting the healthcare sector.
- The HIMSS Longitudinal Gender Compensation Assessment leverages nine years of data (2006 to 2015) from the biennial HIMSS Compensation survey reveals that on average, female HIT workers in the United States have consistently been paid less than their male peers.
- The 2016 Connected Health Research provides information on the current and future use of seven connected health technologies, such as mobile optimized patient portals and remote patient monitoring.
- The 2016 Cost Accounting Survey explores the readiness of the healthcare industry to move from a fee-for-service to a value-based payment model. The survey also includes information on how healthcare organizations presently determine the cost and price of their services.