HIMSS publishes a variety of publications, in both print and electronic formats. HIMSS products help healthcare information technology and management systems professionals stay on top of the latest industry news, trends and developments, and use that information to advance in their careers and improve organizational performance.
HIMSS Books are in-depth guides to key technologies, written to help professionals be more successful in transforming healthcare. HIMSS Books are distributed by CRC Press.
HIMSS Insights eBook Series
The HIMSS Insights eBook series is a bi-monthly digital journal providing health information and technology education and thought leadership. HIMSS Insights provides in-depth coverage for information and technology professionals, clinical experts, commercial leaders and policy makers to shape the future of healthcare.
Click on a newsletter to view past editions and to subscribe:
- Capture Innovation - Latest news from innovation thought leaders
- Clinical Informatics Insights - Provider's source comprehensive articles on effective integration of informatics
- Business Edge - Connecting clinical and financial systems
- Health IT Policy Update - Detailed news analysis on the economic recovery bill, healthcare reform, and federal departments
- Information Xchange - Extended coverage, news and resources about interoperability and standards leading to information exchange
- HIMSS Weekly Insider - includes member profiles, news about the Society, and information on tools and resources that are free to HIMSS members
- Mobile Hot Spot: mHealth Community powered by mHIMSS - Providing the latest information on the HIMSS mHealth, Community resources
- HIMSS Monthly Insider
Journal of Healthcare Information Management
The Journal of Healthcare Information Management (JHIM) was published until 2015 as a peer-reviewed journal for the healthcare information and management systems professionals.
HIMSS published Standards Insight until 2012 to provide a business analysis and management perspective on interoperability standards.