by Tammy Kwiatkoski, MBA, Director, Clinical Informatics, HIMSS
The 2019 HIMSS Global Conference & Exhibition, February 11–15, 2019 in Orlando, is the leading health information and technology conference, bringing together 45,000+ professionals from 90+ countries for the education, innovation and collaboration they need to transform health through information and technology – all at one time, all in one place. Choose from 300+ education sessions, 1,300+ vendors, hundreds of special programs and endless networking events. Plan ahead and take full advantage of the following education and networking opportunities:
Register now for HIMSS19 Pre-Conference Symposium | Monday, February 11, 2019 | 8:00am – 4:30pm
AMDIS HIMSS Physicians’ Executive Symposium: Empowering Physicians Today
Monday, February 11,, 2018 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
There are many conversations about where healthcare will be five or 10 years from now – but what about the next month or the next year? Explore how to navigate the “quadruple aim” goals while avoiding common health IT landmines, learn about disruptive healthcare delivery models, and discover how to use technology to empower physicians to serve their patients better.
Nursing Informatics Symposium: Beyond the EHR: Changing Care Models, Changing Roles
Monday, February 11,, 2018 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
Now that most organizations have implemented an EHR, what's next? Explore the changing role of the nurse and the impact on informatics, with a focus on care coordination. You'll hear from an expert group of speakers on moving beyond the EHR to leverage innovation, analytics, information and technology to manage the continuum of care.
Find solutions to your biggest challenges – cybersecurity, connected health, precision medicine, disruptive technologies, population health and more. Spend a full day exploring health information and technology topics in a smaller, more focused setting with HIMSS19 Preconference symposia, workshops, and forums and summits.
Attend the HIMSS Community-hosted roundtables for an opportunity to hear valuable insight from community thought leaders on key issues facing the industry. Ample time provided for attendee/panelist dialogue to share opinion and best practices.
- CMIO Roundtable
- HIMSS-SIIM Enterprise Imagine Roundtable
- Nursing Informatics Roundtable
- Health Technology Alliance
Discover the products and solutions you need to improve, enhance and optimize health information and technology on the HIMSS19 exhibit floor. Harness the power of innovation in action as you explore 1,300+ exhibitors; thousands of products, services and solutions; specialty areas focused on today’s hot topics; 450+ education sessions and much more. Also, uncover innovative solutions that enable seamless, secure, interoperable health information exchange and improve individual and population health at the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase™.
HIMSS19 Career Fair
Whether you are new to health IT or a seasoned professional, HIMSS19 offers a wide range of resources to advance your career, including education, professional certification review and exams, professional photos, resume critiques, networking, and more. Attend career education sessions and a networking breakfast.
Celebrate at HIMSS19’s Receptions
Reconnect with old friends and make new connections as you enjoy live music, food and drink.
- HIMSS19 Opening Reception Join us for this year's not-to-be missed superhero-themed Opening Reception at HIMSS19! Network with your colleagues, peers and friends amidst top-notch entertainment. Don't forget to pack your favorite superhero costume, because all guests are encouraged to come dressed up in costume!
- Women in Health IT Networking Reception Be a part of the industry’s most powerful gathering of women innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs shaping and transforming health through technology today. Share stories, recognize and celebrate your peers – form valuable connections that will last a lifetime. Come join your female colleagues for cocktails, networking and thought leadership at one of HIMSS19s most popular events. Registration and separate fee required.
- Nursing Informatics Roundtable and Reception: This roundtable provides the platform to enable the advancement of CNIOs and Nursing Informaticists as trusted clinical leaders as part of an integrated care team. A reception will be held immediately following the roundtable. Open to all HIMSS19 attendees at no additional cost; registration requested. Sponsored by Microsoft.
- CMIO Roundtable and Reception: The CMIO Roundtable provides the platform to enable the advancement of CMIOs as trusted medical leaders as part of an integrated care team. Discover how to enable this advancement centered on treating behavioral health through EHR interoperability. Panelist leaders at this roundtable discussion include: John Halamka, MD, MS, Chief Information Officer, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Coray Tate, Clinical Research, KLAS and Dr. Mark A. Pearce, Forensic Psychiatrist at CAMH and Ontario Shores. Open to all registered conference attendees. Registration requested. Complimentary networking reception to follow immediately after roundtable session. Sponsored by Meditech.
- Chapter Receptions: Looking for a networking event from your local HIMSS chapter? Meet colleagues both old and new. Many local HIMSS Chapters host receptions to allow you to network with members from your own backyard.
We hope you enjoy all that Annual Conference has to offer. Between education, networking, and the energetic excitement on the exhibit floor, there is something for everyone as you leave encouraged to prepare for the next stage in health information and technology.
About the Contributor
Tammy Kwiatkoski, MBA is Director of Clinical Informatics at HIMSS and serves as a subject matter contributor to Clinical Informatics Insights.