Overview of the Immunization Collaborative
Convened by HIMSS, the American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA), and Chickasaw Health Consulting, LLC (CHC) under a contract with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Immunization Collaborative engages stakeholders and experts to identify common challenges and drive the development and adoption of solutions that enable both clinicians and IISs to have timely access to complete and accurate immunization data, to not only improve clinical decision-making, but also increase vaccination coverage and reduce vaccine-preventable disease.
The Immunization Collaborative is led by an Executive Committee comprised of leaders representing clinicians, EHR developers, IISs, public health, and other key stakeholders.
Immunization Collaborative Approach
The Immunization Collaborative uses the following approach to achieve its goals:
- Strengthens relationships among clinicians, health IT developers, and IISs
- Identifies and prioritizes issues associated with interoperability, information sharing and immunization management
- Develops consensus on recommended solutions to prioritized issues
- Communicates and raises awareness of solutions and their benefits
- Drives the adoption of recommended solutions