Last reviewed November 22, 2017
Understanding the effectiveness of your patient identity management and governance program is a crucial step in maintaining a high state of patient identity integrity. By providing a foundational set of performance measures, this document will help organizations define and measure the quality of their identity management activities.
Key insights provided in this paper include:
- What data is most relevant to establishing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- How to quantify the state of existing performance of business process and the technology that supports the Master Person (Patient) Index (MPI) including algorithms, matching logic, and threshold selections, among others.
- How to detect business process variances across time, location, source, and employee.
- How to identify where to focus remediation, quality improvement, and business re-alignment activities and resources.
- Which of these key performance indicators are most relevant to the different stakeholders within an organization.