CITATION: Kaminski, J. (Fall, 2017). Call for OJNI Senior Editors – Seeking Our New Bright Stars. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI), 21(3). Available at http://www.himss.org/ojni
For twenty-one years, the Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI) has provided stellar online informatics content for nurses. Over the past seven years, our Senior Editor columns have highlighted powerful advice, insights, forecasts, and calls to action from existing and rising informatics ‘stars’. Each Senior Editor contributes regular columns to our OJNI issues (published three times a year). Senior Editors are recruited and managed by our Chief Senior Editor, Dr. Jack Yensen.
Initially, our Senior Editor columns focused on specific topic themes, including:
- Issues, Impacts and Insights by Dr. Judith Effken
- Crucial Conversations about Optimal Design by Dr. Nancy Staggers
- Different Sea, Same Boats by Dr. Peter Murray
- Achieving Meaningful Use in Research with Information Technology by Dr. Kathryn Bowles
- Future Thoughts Now by Dr. Scott Erdley
- A Canadian Perspective on Nursing Informatics by Dr. Lynn Nagle
Over the years, the Senior Editor line-up has evolved and fluctuated. At times, the line-up has been a virtual who’s who of nursing informatics talent and expertise. We have been honored to host columns by notable experts such as:
- Judith A. Effken, PhD, RN, FACMI, FAAN
- Nancy Staggers, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Gail M. Keenan, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Lynn Nagle, PhD, RN
- Kay Sackett, BSN, MEd, MSN, EdD
- Willa Fields, DNSc, RN, FHIMSS
- Scott Erdley, DNS, RN
- Peter Murray PhD, MSN, RN
- Margaret Kennedy, PhD RN
Several of these noteworthy editors continue to grace the OJNI with their wonderful columns and insights, while others have moved on to other commitments. Currently, we are looking for new bright ‘stars’ to join our Senior Editor team. If you have been involved in the nursing informatics world for years, and have a strong grounded voice to share in this domain, please contact Chief Senior Editor, Jack Yensen to discuss a potential Senior Editor column. These are volunteer positions that provide a platform for regular expression and sharing with the nursing informatics community.
Recently Jack, Kathleen and I served as a HIMSS webinar panel to discuss how to contribute to the OJNI, including the role and continual search for Senior Editors. You can listen to this webinar in the HIMSS archives at: http://www.himss.org/informatics-practice If you like what you hear, please consider joining the OJNI team, as one of our next bright new ‘stars’. We would love to have you join us!