Clinical mobility is an important consideration for healthcare organizations of all sizes. Spending on solutions remains high with 65% of hospitals reporting that they have or will deploy clinical mobility solutions in the previous or coming year. This whitepaper discusses issues organizations must consider before arming care teams with mobile communication devices. Highlights include:
- Integration considerations: how will new systems interact with EHRs, scheduling, directory, and other applications?
- How can mobile devices be secured and managed?
- What infection control procedures should be considered?
- Is BYOD a good idea? What are the costs?
- What factors drive staff satisfaction with mobile devices?