Step 3 - Site Visit
Top scoring applicants will receive a site visit to move forward for Davies consideration.
Applicants not selected will receive a detailed analysis of their Value Score and gain feedback on opportunities for improvement.
During a site visit, applicants will demonstrate two case studies showing how Health IT has enabled improved care outcomes.
Each case study should include:
- Data demonstrating a local clinical and/or business problem prior to the implementation of the Health IT interventions.
- A detailed description of the governance structure associated with the selection, testing, field testing, and workflow design of the Health-IT enabled interventions and workflow intended to improve the local problem.
- A detailed demonstration showing the longitudinal workflow and all the Health IT interventions utilized to improve the clinical problem.
- Presenting A MINIMUM of 12 months of improved adherence to best practices coupled with A MINIMUM of 12 months of improved outcomes enabled through the use of Health IT.
- An improved best practice- increasing % of pneumonia vaccinations for patients over the age of 65
- An improved outcome- reducing the number of hospitalizations of the organizations patients over 65 associated with pneumonia.
- Detail the organizations change management and analytics model. How is the data for quality improvement monitored? Who triggers change management? What is the process for changing IT interventions, interfaces, order sets, best practice alerts, etc.?
Learn more about the Davies site visit process by listening to the Davies 101 webinar (add hyperlink when completed.)