Immunization leads to better health outcomes, reduced costs and higher clinician productivity
Each year, 2–3 million lives are saved globally by vaccinations. Research shows that being up-to-date on vaccinations leads to better health outcomes, higher levels of productivity and lower healthcare costs. EHRs and other clinical software play a key role in helping clinicians manage and administer vaccines. The HIMSS Immunization Integration Program (IIP), conducted in collaboration with the Drummond Group and Chickasaw Health Consulting, LLC (CHC) under a contract with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), is advancing the inclusion of enhanced immunization capabilities in EHRs to improve the exchange of data between EHRs and IIS’s,
The IIP empowers organizations to:
- Enhance information-sharing between EHRs and IIS’s
- Improve clinical workflow for immunization administration
- Provide more timely access to historical patient immunization records for better clinical and patient decision-making
- Facilitate better immunization tracking and safety
- Increase immunization rates across communities
- Reduce the administrative burden associated with reporting immunization-related performance measures
Join the IIP Collaborative
The IIP Collaborative was recently formed by the CDC, HIMSS and the American Immunization Registry Association (AIRA) in response to the need for a systematic approach to address challenges with immunization data sharing and processes. The IIP Collaborative is a problem-solving forum for EHR and IIS stakeholders to come together to identify actionable solutions to improve EHR and IIS integration in order to improve the health of individuals and populations.
Help advance immunization interoperability to improve patient care and outcomes by joining the new collaborative. To learn more and participate in the IIP Collaborative, contact us at IIPCollaborative@himss.org.
Immunization Integration Program Vendors with Recognized Products
Industry-leading organizations have achieved the IIP seal of recognition on immunization-capable products set for production and use.
For more information, or to learn on how you can get involved with the IIP supported by the CDC, contact IIPhelp@himss.org.
In collaboration with HIMSS and the:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chickasaw Health Consulting, LLC
- Drummond Group
- American Immunization Registry Association