HIMSS Interoperability Champions and Supporters are those organizations who support nationwide, ubiquitous, secure electronic exchange of health information. For many years, HIMSS and our valued collaborators have worked relentlessly to ensure individuals and organizations can routinely use secure, trustworthy, interoperable technologies and work flows to promote wellness and improve the health status of patients and populations. While we’ve made much progress, and entire careers have been spent creating the building blocks, our work is not complete. HIMSS asserts that we must achieve secure, appropriate, and ubiquitous data access and electronic exchange of health information: Now is the time for bold action.
In October 2017, HIMSS published the Interoperability Call to Action, with guiding principles to inform health policy and spur our nation’s health sector to action. HIMSS Interoperability Champions and Supporters share our commitment to achieving better health through the best use of information and technology.
How does my organization become a HIMSS Interoperability Champion or Supporter?
Become a Champion
HIMSS Interoperability Call to Action Champions are non-profit professional societies who support the Call to Action by:
- Educating industry and policy stakeholders on the value of interoperability and driving change.
- Incorporating the ideas from the Call to Action into your organizations work and policy efforts.
- Participating in Interoperability Workgroup Calls to advise HHS on how to move the HIMSS Call to Action principles forward.
- Sharing updates with stakeholders to ensure participation from across the care continuum, including patients and caregivers.
Become a Supporter
HIMSS Interoperability Call to Action Supporters represent all other organizations who support nationwide, ubiquitous, secure electronic exchange of health information.
- Supporters are asked to incorporate the ideas from the Call to Action into your organizations work and policy efforts.
There is no cost to be a HIMSS Interoperability Call to Action Champion or Supporter.
Contact Jessie Bird.