Interoperability & Health Information Exchange Community
The landscape of interoperability and health information exchange is constantly evolving. We're here to help!
Our community serves as the central convening point for interoperability and health information exchange (HIE) professionals to promote meaningful education and thought leadership in the health information and technology industry. We connect professionals committed to transforming health through standards-based interoperability, HIE and emerging technologies with opportunities for networking with peers, sharing ideas, learning best practices, and leveraging collaborative opportunities.
Committee, Task Forces & Work Groups
The Interoperability & HIE Committee, Task Forces & Work Groups provides leadership within HIMSS in the promotion and advancement of interoperability and health information exchange (both the noun and the verb). Information exchange is critical in today’s healthcare industry supporting the achievement of Meaningful Use criteria and states providing state-level HIE. Volunteer on our Interoperability and & HIE Committee, Task Forces & Work Groups
Through HIMSS20 Digital, we're delivering up-to-date thought leadership and world class education to continuously transform global health and wellness. Don't miss these exciting on-demand webinars focused on interoperability, blockchain-enabled solutions and the social determinants of health. Check out a few available options below!
- Striving Toward and Open Ecosystem: Expanding Interoperability Across Settings
- Getting Smart on the Root Causes of Health with the Health IT Incubators Pioneering Innovation
- A Journey to Trusted Exchange
- Building an Interoperable Blockchain-enabled Ecosystem
Interoperability & HIE Community Roundtable
Join us once each quarter at our Quarterly Interoperability & HIE Community Roundtables for the latest news and resources you won't find anywhere else.
- Getting Value from Blockchain in Healthcare Webinar
- Adding Meaning to Interoperable Exchange Webinar
Interoperability & Health Information Exchange (HIE) Toolkits
- HIE Toolkit: For health information exchange organizations, providers and other HIE stakeholders.
- Public Health & HIE Toolkit: For public health departments.
- Interoperability Toolkit: The Interoperability Toolkit will help you better navigate through the various standards development organizations and guide you to the tools and resources needed to deploy interoperable healthcare information and technology systems. It is also intended to highlight the thought leadership of volunteers working together to analyze the foundations of health information and technology interoperability.
Volunteer to be a Speaker
If you are an industry leader or expert in the field of health information exchange, interoperability or standards who would like to present to the HIMSS Interoperability & HIE Community at a future Quarterly Roundtable, please submit your topic and a brief description of your speaking proposal for a 45-minute presentation to email@example.com. The proposals must be vendor-neutral and educational in nature. We look forward to hearing from you!