Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER) Interprofessional Community
Our purpose is to engage and prepare the global workforce in using technology and health informatics to improve the delivery of patient care. To assist the community, the TIGER Initiative develops resources to assist with educational needs, clinical practice, and research to expand knowledge base and evolve skillset while also helping advance career trajectories.
TIGER began as a grassroots initiative within the nursing community in 2006 – gradually extending the scope to include other clinical disciplines and move into the interprofessional area in 2014.
Today, TIGER focuses in on education reform, fostering community development and global workforce development using an interdisciplinary approach.
How Can You Participate?
Join the TIGER Interprofessional Community
- Log into your HIMSS Membership Profile, under the "Hello" thumbnail on the top navigation toolbar, drop down to "My Account"
- Hover over "My Involvement", then select the drop down to "Participation"
- From there, you can "Edit Participation" to select the "Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER) Community"
Not a member? Join HIMSS today.
Find your Local Chapter Join Grassroots Action in Your Community
HIMSS20 TIGER Community Suggested Events and Education Sessions
Every year, the TIGER Initiative endorses HIMSS Global Health Conference sessions that best fit our focus on education reform, fostering community development and workforce development. This guide also highlights preconference symposia programs as well as key events onsite.
TIGER Virtual Learning Environment (VLE): Expand eHealth/health information and technology knowledge and informatics skills via our interactive, online learning platform for academic professionals, students, adult learners, and clinical educators.
TIGER VLE Community Webinar Series: This series is ideal for knowledge expansion and getting to know leaders in the global health informatics field.
- CA-CPHIMS enduring credits are available for qualified individuals.
- Live webinars are open to all HIMSS community members.
- Archived events are restricted to TIGER VLE subscribers via education portal access.
TIGER/VLE Marketing Toolkit: Use marketing tools to promote our global workforce development resources.
Informatics Definitions: TIGER began compiling interprofessional informatics definitions in 2015. This is an ideal resource for those learning about informatics and informatics competencies. Download the document today!
Global Health Informatics Recommendations: Leverage recommendation frameworks for a broad range of health professionals and their interprofessional collaboration.
- Access Recommendation Framework 1.0 nursing focused
- Access Recommendation Framework 2.0 interdisciplinary focused
EU*US eHealth Work Project: Discover tools and resources to advance the global health workforce.