Last reviewed November 22, 2017
Read about key data practices that are fundamental to maintaining patient identity integrity.
Establishing best practices for data management is a critical component of an organization’s identity management program. This paper highlights model data practices that organizations should consider for maintaining the integrity of patient data.
Some of the best practices featured in the paper include:
- Identifying the appropriate data elements to be used in patient matching
- Maintaining a data dictionary
- Implementing a staff education and training program
- Establishing a comprehensive set of policies and procedures
- Providing explicit guidelines for data governance and setting performance standards
- Applying corrective action plans to ineffective business processes
- And more!