Nominations are now being accepted for open positions on the HIMSS North America Board of Directors. If you wish to be considered for one of the open positions, please complete the online application and submit your CV (five-page limit) and three letters of reference to Denise Ambrose by 5:00 pm ET, August 17, 2018.
Solicitation Period: July 2, 2018 – August 17, 2018
Term of Service: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2022 (Note: Officers serve a fourth year of service.)
Purpose of the HIMSS North America Board of Directors
HIMSS North America (HNA) focuses on achieving HIMSS’s vision of better health through information and technology in North America, primarily the United States and Canada. HNA is based on the concept that HNA shall promote the development of new principles for the best use of information and technology in the health sector; that an organized exchange of experiences among members and external organizations can promote a better understanding of healthcare information and technology; and, that HNA shall assist its members in their professional growth. The Board of Directors provides strategic, governance-level guidance focused on the North American market, approves annual plans and budgets, and monitors performance against approved plans and budgets. HIMSS’s leadership team in North America determines implementation.
Candidates must (a) reflect the Board’s stated needs, (b) be eligible Regular individual members, Life individual members, senior executive individual representatives of Organizational Members (Corporate, Organizational Affiliate, or Non-Profit Partner) who have achieved advanced membership status (Senior or Fellow) prior to the slate being presented to the Board, and such other eligible persons and (c) include persons with a demonstrated ability and aptitude for strategic thinking and with experience in governance; (d) is representative of the entire membership as defined by Board policy; and, (e) is committed to helping HIMSS achieve its vision and fulfill its mission in North America.
If you are unsure of whether or not you are a HIMSS Regular member, Life member, or senior executive from a Corporate, Organizational Affiliate, or Non-Profit Partner member firm, please visit the HIMSS Member Center to access your member profile page.
- Quarterly, one full-day face-to-face meeting (calling in is not an option).
- Quarterly, a reception and dinner the evening before a Board meeting.
- Very rarely (once or twice in a three-year term), a Board conference call.
- Availability and willingness to serve, as requested on:
- HNA Board Committee(s) such as the Finance Committee.
- Other Boards of Directors: IHE-USA (a two-year term) and HIMSS (three-year term). Note: The HIMSS’s Board of Directors meets three to four times annually, while IHE-USA’s Board of Directors meets via conference call six times per year, and once face-to-face.
- Mentor incoming HNA Board members
- Upon request, representing HIMSS in external settings such as, but not limited to, policy meetings, events, media interactions, etc.
- Officers (Chair and Vice Chair) serve an additional one-year term, for a total of four years of service.
- At the conclusion of service on the HNA Board of Directors, individuals provide one year of active service on the HIMSS Nominating Committee. The term of service for this responsibility is January through December.
As per by-laws, the HNA Nominating Committee will submit the slate of candidates to the HNA Board of Directors no later than November 30. The HNA Board of Directors shall review the slate and shall either (i) elect such candidates to the Board in accordance with its procedures; or (ii) direct the Nominating Committee to make such changes as the Board deems necessary in its sole discretion. In the event the Board directs the Nominating Committee to solicit, review and recommend additional candidates, the Nominating Committee shall do so no later than January 31, 2019.
The deadline to submit the online application and all supporting documentation is August 17, 2018. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline. Acknowledgement of submission receipt will be emailed to submitter within 48 business hours. If you do not receive a submission confirmation with 48 business hours, contact Denise Ambrose immediately.
For more information, please contact Denise Ambrose at email@example.com / (312) 758-3697.