Through the Chapter Advocacy Roundtable, HIMSS engages state and regional chapters to advocate for health information and technology policies at the grassroots and grasstops levels. HIMSS recognizes chapters who complete a certain number of advocacy activities throughout the year.
HIMSS recognizes Kendall Brown and Erik Pupo, Chapter Advocates representing the South Florida HIMSS Chapter, who recently completed the Chapter Advocacy Action Awareness challenge. This challenge focused on addressing public health crises, such as natural and man-made disasters, through health information and technology.
These chapter advocates completed the following activities to accomplish this challenge:
- Gained peer support and learned best practices through participation on the Chapter Advocacy Roundtable at HIMSS18 and during monthly calls
- Convened local hospital leaders and legislative officials at a conference in partnership with the South Florida Hospital and Healthcare Association to address the role of health information and technology in emergency planning and disaster management
- Tracked Florida state legislative activity
- Partnered with Puerto Rico and Texas HIMSS Chapters to present at conferences
- Engaged students at two local colleges
…and much more!
HIMSS recognizes these volunteers and their teams for their dedicated advocacy efforts!