Attending HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition among 40,000+ health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world can be somewhat intimidating. Are you asking yourself “why should I go?” HIMSS18, the world’s largest health information and technology conference and exhibition, is where you will find exceptional education, cutting-edge health IT products, and make powerful networking connections in just one week. Even in today's digital world, face-to-face networking is still beneficial to you and your organization—in fact, it's one of the top reasons for attending the HIMSS Annual Conference. Plan ahead and take full advantage of the following education and networking opportunities:
Register now for HIMSS18 Pre-Conference Symposium | Monday, March 5, 2018 | 8:00am – 4:30pm
Monday, March 5, 2018 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
This symposium provides physician leaders with the tools to drive their organizations to the next phase of health technology and medical informatics. Topics include examining current health IT barriers and opportunities to support optimum care and improve the provider/patient experience, assessing the potential impact of machine learning/artificial intelligence on the practice of medicine and the physician leader’s role in pushing forward the use of predictive analytics, data governance and strategic use of data
NURSING INFORMATICS SYMPOSIUM: DEMONSTRATING NURSING VALUE THROUGH HEALTH IT Monday, March 5, 2018 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
Explore the evolving role of informatics nurses, and learn the value that nurses deliver through the use of health IT and the importance of learning how to showcase that value. Each session will provide the tools to create a business case for moving your work forward. Attendees will hear from industry leaders, engage and network with colleagues, and have the opportunity to view poster presentations. Session topics will include improving nursing documentation, predictive analytics, telehealth and cybersecurity.
HIMSS18 offers more than 300 quality education sessions, keynotes, roundtable discussions, exhibit hall sessions, and networking events throughout the week. Sessions focus on topics such as Data Analytics/CBI, Emerging Payment Models, HIE/Interoperability/Data Integrations, Informatics, Innovation & Investment, Security, Telehealth, and much, much more.
HIMSS18 is an excellent opportunity to earn continuing education credit for senior executives (ACHE; CHCIO), physicians (CME; LLSA/MOC), nurses (CNE), pharmacists (CPE), project managers (PMI/PDUs), health information management professionals (AHIMA), information security professionals (ISC2) and those seeking contact hours towards the renewal of CAHIMS, CPHIMS, and CPHIMS-CA.
HIMSS welcome more than 1,300 leading health IT vendors. Additionally, the exhibit floor brings an exhilarating and interactive experience including the:
- Connected Health Experience
- Cybersecurity Command Center
- Federal Health IT Solutions
- Intelligent Health Pavilion
- Interoperability Showcase
- Population Health Solutions Lab
Whether you are new to health IT or a seasoned professional, HIMSS18 offers a wide range of resources to advance your career, including education, professional certification review and exams, professional photos, resume critiques, networking, and more.
Celebrate at HIMSS18’s Receptions
Reconnect with old friends and make new connections as you enjoy live music, food and drink.
- HIMSS18 Opening Reception Come celebrate to kick off our conference! Network your way through an evening with live music, food, libations, and friendly conversation with arcade gaming. Complimentary, all attendees invited.
- Women in Health IT Networking Reception Be a part of the industry’s most powerful gathering of women innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs shaping and transforming health through technology today. Share stories, recognize and celebrate your peers – form valuable connections that will last a lifetime. Come join your female colleagues for cocktails, networking and thought leadership at one of HIMSS18s most popular events. Registration and separate fee required.
- Nursing Informatics Roundtable and Reception: Join colleagues at the Nursing Informatics Roundtable, which provides the platform to enable the advancement of CNIOs and nursing informaticists as trusted clinical leaders. Moderated by Molly McCarthy, MBA, BSN, RN, National Director, US Provider Industry, and Chief Nursing Officer, Microsoft US Health & Life Sciences, this session will explore the role of nursing informatics in the delivery of patient care. Stay after for a complimentary networking reception. Open to all HIMSS18 attendees at no additional cost; registration requested. Sponsored by Microsoft.
- CMIO Roundtable and Reception: The CMIO/Medical Informatics Executive Roundtable provides the platform to enable the advancement of CMIOs as trusted medical leaders as part of an integrated care team. Moderated by John Halamka, MD, CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, this session is certain to generate thought-provoking dialogue. Stay after for the CMIO networking reception from 5:00-6:00pm PT. Open to all HIMSS18 attendees at no additional cost; registration requested. Sponsored by Meditech.
- Chapter Receptions: Looking for a networking event from your local HIMSS chapter? Meet colleagues both old and new. Many local HIMSS Chapters host receptions to allow you to network with members from your own backyard.
We hope you enjoy all that Annual Conference has to offer. Between education, networking, and the energetic excitement on the exhibit floor, there is something for everyone as you leave encouraged to prepare for the next stage in health information and technology.
About the Contributor
Tammy Kwiatkoski, MBA is Director of Clinical Informatics at HIMSS and serves as a subject matter contributor to Clinical Informatics Insights.