By Information Xchange Staff
Welcome to HIMSS’ Information Xchange, a dynamic electronic publication that focuses on the community, trends and practical applications surrounding interoperability and standards leading to information exchange. With over 10,000 subscribers to date, we work to make sure you have the latest from HIMSS and beyond.
This is a time of exciting—and often turbulent—change in American healthcare. Major legislation, critical advancements in technology and the ever-evolving relationships between patients and their clinical care teams has created unprecedented opportunities for healthcare’s stakeholders. Our mission is that the Information Xchange will publish and highlight trending news, opinions, practical solutions and information needed to navigate a healthcare environment poised for immense changes in the years ahead.
A Look Inside
What can you expect from Information Xchange each month? The answer is simple—this publication is designed for you to use in your daily professional life, whether you are a Clinician, a C-Suite executive, an Analyst, or an Informaticist.
Each month, you will have access to the latest news, case studies and use cases, thought-provoking columns, event listings and much more:
- Find practical solutions within healthcare environments and across different systems.
- Learn from the expertise of others in our Meet an Expert and HIE inPractice Features.
- Stay abreast of federal regulations directly affecting interoperability and standards through information exchange.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the evolution of standards, the efficacy and applicability of current standards and how they may work in the future.
- Get exclusive content related to the Annual HIMSS Conference & Exhibition, Health Story Project, Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER), and the HIMSS Interoperability ShowcaseTM.
- Learn more about events, activities and initiatives surrounding Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE).
Make Your Voice Heard
Information Xchange is an eNewsletter for health and healthcare IT professionals interested in standards-based interoperability and health information exchange. Your support is needed to provide the ideas and resources that defy conventional wisdom and forge the path ahead. If you would like to contribute by submitting an article or opinion column, or to lend your expertise to the trends and topics we should be following, please send your contact information and a brief biography/CV to Audrey Garnatz, Associate Manager of Informatics at HIMSS.
Subscribe for Free
Information Xchange is an opt-in eNewsletter, published on the first Thursday of the month. You can sign up here.