Next week, HIMSS joins the American Nurses Association and the Alliance for Nursing Informatics and numerous other partners in celebrating National Nurses Week, May 6-12, 2017. May 12, Florence Nightingale’s birthday, marks the celebration of National Nursing Informatics Day.
This year’s theme of National Nurses Week is the "Year of the Healthy Nurse." As noted by HIMSS Vice President, Informatics, Joyce Sensmeier, RN-BC, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, FAAN, emotional intelligence and mindfulness are imperative to the healthcare workplace. Technology, from information systems, to wellness tracking, holds promise to not only optimize patient care, but also remove barriers to care delivery that allow nurses the space to practice with empathy, improve workflow, and achieve holistic career satisfaction.
The clinician’s relationship with these technologies is a journey – iterative and disruptive innovation will be crucial to ensure these tools continue to serve nurses and their patients. HIMSS is asking the nursing community to help shape the next evolution in digital health and information technology that positively impacts clinicians and patients alike – a modernized continuation of Florence Nightingale’s devotion to patient care.
Join HIMSS, the nursing and health IT communities as we discuss the opportunities technology offers nurses in their mission to master the art (and science) of healing during the #Nurses4HIT Twitter chat on May 10, 1 p.m. CT. The chat will be hosted by @HIMSS and moderated by nursing informatics leader and HIMSS Social Media Ambassador, Danielle Siarri (@innonurse).
Below are the topics we will discuss during the chat:
- T1: In your experience, what is the biggest challenge nurses face today? #Nurses4HIT
- T2: What’s the strongest value proposition that information technology can offer practicing nurses? #Nurses4HIT
- T3: How do you see health IT contributing to the wellness of nurses AND their patients? #Nurses4HIT
- T4: What advice would you give to nurses just entering the IT field? Or, what advice are you seeking in further exploring IT? #Nurses4HIT
- T5: What can health IT do for nurses transitioning (or seeking to transition) to an executive/C-Suite level? #Nurses4HIT
Help HIMSS celebrate National Nurses Week and National Nursing Informatics Day by sharing the following tweets with your Twitter followers: