Connect with your peers and thousands of industry leaders and health IT professionals at HIMSS17! Even in today's digital world, face-to-face networking is still beneficial to you and your organization—in fact, it's one of the top reasons for attending the HIMSS Annual Conference! Plan ahead and take full advantage of the following education and networking opportunities:
Register now for HIMSS17 Pre-Conference Symposium | Sunday, February 19, 2017 | 8:00am – 4:30pm
Sunday, February 19, 2017 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
This symposium provides physician leaders with the tools to drive their organizations to the next phase of health technology and medical informatics. Topics include current and future regulatory issues, the increasing need to protect data, interoperability, emerging sources of data, patient engagement, personalized medicine, and an expert look into the future of healthcare.
Sunday, February 19, 2017 | 8:00am - 4:30pm
Explore the evolving role of informatics nurses, and learn how disruptive innovation can be used to address current and future challenges. Examine the benefits of disruptive leadership, learn how to apply innovation and state-of-the-art interoperability, and glimpse the future of clinical decision making and patient-generated data.
HIMSS17 offers more than 300 quality education sessions, keynotes, roundtable discussions, exhibit hall sessions, and networking events throughout the week. Sessions focus on topics such as Business of Healthcare and New Payment Models, Connected Health, Cybersecurity and Privacy & Security, Innovation, Interoperability, population Care Management and much, much more.
HIMSS17 is an excellent opportunity to earn continuing education credit for senior executives (ACHE; CHCIO), physicians (CME; LLSA/MOC), nurses (CNE), pharmacists (CPE), project managers (PMI/PDUs), health information management professionals (AHIMA), information security professionals (ISC2) and those seeking contact hours towards the renewal of CAHIMS, CPHIMS, and CPHIMS-CA.
HIMSS welcome more than 1,200 leading health IT vendors. Additionally, the exhibit floor brings the:
- Alternative Payment Models Knowledge Center
- Connected Health Experience
- Cybersecurity Command Center
- Federal Health IT Solutions Pavilion
- Interoperability Showcase™
- Innovation Zone
- Intelligent Health Pavilion
- Population Care Management Knowledge Center
- University Row
Whether you’re new to health IT or a seasoned professional, HIMSS17 offers a wide range of resources to advance your career, including education, professional certification review and exams, a job fair, professional photos, resume critiques, education, networking, exhibition, and more.
HIMSS challenges you to take on managing your personal health. Show your peers how you are committed to walking the extra step, eating a little healthier and going the extra mile to better manage your health.
Celebrate at HIMSS17’s Receptions
Reconnect with old friends and make new connections as you enjoy live music, food and drink.
- HIMSS17 Opening Reception. Come celebrate to kick off our conference! Network your way through an evening with live music, food, libations, and friendly conversation.
- Women in Health IT Networking Reception Be a part of the industry’s most powerful gathering of women innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs shaping and transforming health through technology today. Share stories, recognize and celebrate your peers – form valuable connections that will last a lifetime. Come join your female colleagues for cocktails, networking and thought leadership at one of HIMSS17’s most popular events. Space is limited, so early registration is recommended.
- Communities Open House. Attend the Communities Open House at HIMSS17 to learn more about HIMSS Chapters, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Fellows, Committees, Task Forces, Users Group and more.
· #GenY4HIT: Millennials Making a Difference. The Millennials Reception is back! This reception offers an opportunity for millennials and young professionals to connect with one another, while giving back to the community.
- Chapter Receptions: Looking for a networking event? Meet colleagues both old and new. Many local HIMSS Chapters host receptions to allow you to network with members from your own backyard.
We hope you enjoy all that Annual Conference has to offer. We’re excited to be hosting many opportunities to meet your educational, networking, and career needs. With so many meet ups, and session, customize your agenda to reach your full benefit as an attendee.
About the Contributor
Tammy Kwiatkoski, MBA is Director of Clinical Informatics at HIMSS and serves as a subject matter contributor to Clinical Informatics Insights.