National Health IT Week (NHIT Week), October 8-12, is a nationwide awareness week focused on catalyzing actionable change within the U.S. health system through the application of information and technology.
Virtually, in Washington DC and beyond, NHIT Week stakeholders collaborate towards actionable outcomes which demonstrate the power information and technology has to transform health in the U.S., and its wide-reaching global impact.
NHIT Week is approaching quickly, and HIMSS Chapters are gearing up to celebrate the nationwide awareness week through hosting individual events, showcasing their advocacy and amplifying conversations around the value of health IT.
National Health IT Week Chapter Events
Check out the schedule of events and find out what’s going on in your region or state.
- Colorado Chapter of HIMSS | Denver, CO | Celebration Social
- Austin Chapter of HIMSS | Austin, TX | Lunch & Learn
- Louisiana Chapter of HIMSS | Baton Rouge, LA | 3rd Annual Connect Louisiana Symposium
- Nevada Chapter of HIMSS | Las Vegas, NV | Nevada Healthcare Forum
- New England Chapter of HIMSS | Concord, NH | New Hampshire State House Tour
- Tennessee Chapter of HIMSS | Nashville, TN | Innovators and Incumbents
- Dallas Fort Worth Chapter of HIMSS | Virtual | The Antidote to the Opioid Crisis is Rooted in Data
- New England Chapter of HIMSS | Worcester, MA | Health IT Advocacy and HIE Day
- Central and North Florida Chapter of HIMSS | Tampa, FL | HealthIT Event
- Houston Chapter of HIMSS | Houston, TX | NHIT Week Networking Event
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of HIMSS | Virtual | Opioids Crisis
- South Florida Chapter of HIMSS | Virtual | The Past Present and Potential of State Health IT Roadmaps
“We are overwhelmingly pleased by the Chapters of HIMSS,” said Angie Claypool, CAE, senior manager, strategic relations, HIMSS. “Their excitement and engagement in U.S. NHIT Week is inspiring and their advocacy initiatives are advancing healthcare information and technology.”
National Health IT Week | October 8-12
Healthcare Transformation | Access to Care | Economic Opportunity | Healthy Communities
Share your story, provide insights and help develop healthcare policy during NHIT Week – focused on catalyzing actionable change within the U.S. health system through the effective use of health IT.
View this year’s calendar of events
Explore this guide on supporting #NHITWeek through social media
Submit an #IHeartHIT Story
Participate in the Virtual March
Explore 10 ways to celebrate in your hometown
See the 2018 NHIT Week partners list, and sign up today