Ability to securely communicate electronically and bi-directionally about care, concerns, expectations, and status.
- Patient preference for channels of communication clearly documented and incorporated into provider workflow
- Send free text, documents, and required structured data to patients or designees with results interpreted*
- Receive and incorporate free text, documents, and required structured data to patients or designees
- Provide patients access to their clinicians’ clinical notes
- Attention to health literacy when engaging in bidirectional communication (secure messaging)
- Notify patient about recalls, public health alerts, etc.
- Accommodations for the disabled