HIMSS 2017 Recipient
Santosh Mohan, CPHIMS, MHI
Purpose and History
The Founders Leadership Award recognizes significant leadership within the Society and/or the industry.
As of 2017 this award is no longer being offerred.
The Founders Leadership Award can be made for a single exceptional contribution, for a sustained contribution, or for a lifetime of exceptional leadership. Criteria for judging candidates includes, but is not limited to:
- Demonstrated leadership in healthcare information or management systems, which may include development or implementation of systems advancing health status; unique application of systems tools and techniques; and, served as leader of an outstanding healthcare institution or company.
- Contributed as a volunteer in the advancement of HIMSS goals and objectives, which may include service in a leadership capacity for HIMSS or related professional society, or served on governmental healthcare or technology regulatory or advisory groups.
- Actively supported the HIMSS mission and membership growth, which may include being an acknowledged leader in healthcare information and management systems, and an active supporter, advocate, and recruiter for HIMSS members.
- Made outstanding contributions to the principles for which HIMSS stands, including supporting lifelong learning opportunities, and supporting and promoting HIMSS as the recognized leader in the industry.
The Nomination Process
- Nominations may be received from any member, staff, or outside party
- Nominations must be received in the format provided
- Nominations are collected by staff and reviewed by the Awards Workgroup
- Committee recommendations are sent to the Board for consideration and final approval
The HIMSS Founders Leadership Award consists of
- Symbol of recognition;
- Publication of information in an official HIMSS publication; and
- Invitation to the Awards Gala
*Formerly known as the Leadership Award