The call for applications is now open and will close on Monday, July 23, 2018. Award recipients will be notified in November 2018. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*HIMSS reserves the right to not evaluate any incomplete application.
Purpose and History
The HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health Information and Technology Awards recognize influential women at all stages of their career progressions. These awards celebrate individuals who harness the power of information and technology to transform health and healthcare; are unique among power lists and award programs; and are inclusive of all women of influence, no matter where they may be in the health information and technology field.
Recipients are selected by the Awards Selection Committee, which is comprised of past recipients of the awards.
HIMSS 2018 Recipients
Vice Admiral Raquel Bono, M.D.
Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN
Jessica Kahn, MPH
Ann O'Brien, MSN, FHIMSS, CPHIMS
To be considered, nominees must demonstrate:
- Ongoing commitment to harnessing the power of information and technology to positively transform health and healthcare
- Active leadership of the effective use of information and technology in support of the strategic initiatives of her organization
- Advancement of the importance of health information and technology to organizational leadership
- Advancement of the best use of information and technology within communities (i.e., to improve patient safety, coordinated care, population health, wellness, access and cost-effectiveness)
- Driving of (a) qualitative benefits and/or (b) quantitative benefits of information and technology use within health settings
- Driving of innovation of health information and technology by an entity, community or population
- Transfer of health information and technology knowledge between/within departments, organizations, patients/clinicians and/or communities
Selection preference will be given to nominees who:
- Serve as mentors to women colleagues seeking to enter or advance within the health information and technology field
- Are active HIMSS members with demonstrated membership involvement
- Are CAHIMS/CPHIMS certified and/or advanced HIMSS members
- Represent the highest standards of leadership in health information and technology
- Be respected and recognized as role models to industry peers
- Not currently serve on a HIMSS board (HIMSS NA, HIMSS Analytics, PCHA, etc.)
- Not currently be employed by HIMSS nor engaged in a consulting contract with any component of HIMSS
- If they are selected for the award, agree to contribute to HIMSS a minimum of two pieces of content (blog posting, interview for podcast, webinar participation, etc.), which HIMSS may publish
Previous recipients of these awards are exempt from nomination/consideration.
The Nomination Process
Any person may nominate a candidate who meets the eligibility criteria. Candidates may also nominate themselves. Only completed applications submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
The process includes:
- A completed online application
- A brief biographical sketch that demonstrates why the nominee should be considered for the award (1,500 words or less)
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
Award recipients will receive:
- Symbol of recognition
- Profile in the Women in Health IT section of Healthcare IT News
- Invitation to HIMSS19 Women in Health Information and Technology Roundtable discussion, with video excerpts also to be published in media vehicles outlined above
- Invitation to HIMSS19 Women in Health Information and Technology Reception
- Invitation to speak at one or more HIMSS events (including business travel expenses covered by HIMSS)
- Opportunity to participate in podcast interview and/or write one or more blog posting or similar
- Opportunity to serve on the Awards Selection Committee for a two-year term
HIMSS is pleased to be able to offer you two examples of quality biographical sketches to serve as references during the nomination process for the HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health Information and Technology Awards.
If you would like to view all of the questions on the application, please view the PDF of Application. Please note we will only accept online applications. The PDF is only to be used as a guide.
For more information, contact email@example.com.