HIMSS is offering an Introduction to Healthcare Data Analytics course. Course begins Monday, April 6, 2020 and coursework must be completed by Saturday, June 13, 2020. Registration limited to the first 200 registrants.
- Enhance your career with in-demand skills.
- Earn 20 CEs upon course completion.
- Online, self-paced, approximately 25 hours.
- Optional interaction with HIMSS facilitators and other participants through discussion forum.
- Complete on your own schedule between 4/6 and 6/13.
Data analytics plays an increasingly greater role in health care organizations, while many healthcare professionals lack training in this vital area. Introduction to Healthcare Data Analytics, a 10 week, 25-hour online course addresses this pressing need. It provides healthcare employees in a broad range of roles (clinical and non-clinical) with foundational knowledge of analytics, covering key components of the data analysis process, including strategies for effectively capturing and communicating information gleaned from data analytics efforts. The overarching goal is to equip participants to effectively contribute to and/or conduct data analytics projects. This introductory course does not have an IT-intensive focus; the only technical skill required is basic proficiency with Excel. Familiarity with statistical thinking would be helpful, but is not required.
Goals and Objectives
- Describe the tools and techniques used for data analytics in healthcare organizations.
- Discuss the role of data analytics in quality and performance improvement efforts.
Timeframe and Format
- 100% online, self-paced course available from April 6, 2020 - June 13, 2020
- Program includes a mix of interactive activities, videos, lectures, reading and optional online discussion
- Module 1: Introduction to Quality Improvement and Data Analytics
- Module 2: Healthcare Data as an Organizational Asset
- Module 3: Working with Data
- Module 4: Data Analytics Tools and Techniques
- Module 5: Using Data to Solve Problems
- Module 6: Using Data to Tell The Story
This program has been approved for up to 20 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CPHIMS) or the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS). Certificates of completion will be issued by The Tombolo Institute at Bellevue College upon completion of the course.