Health Data Management (HDM) magazine announced its 2018 Most Powerful Women in Healthcare IT, 50 female executive leaders including Carla Smith, executive vice president of HIMSS, founder and champion of the HIMSS Women in Health IT program. The impressive list also includes 31 women who are members of HIMSS. Smith also received this honor last year from HDM and appeared as one of the 2017 Most Powerful Women in HIT.
Award recipients, nominated by health IT executives in the industry or by HDM’s editors, appear in three categories: CIO/HIT executives, vendor HIT executives and thought leaders, the category where Smith appears.
The guidelines for this year’s program focused on mentoring female staff or peers or elevating the status of women in the profession – a topic of significant focus for the HIMSS Women in Health IT Program.
HIMSS members honored as one of the 2018 Most Powerful Women in HIT from HDM appear below.
CIO/Hospital IT Executives
- Pamela Arora, SVP/CIO, Children’s Health
- Myra Davis, SVP/ CIO, Texas Children’s Hospital
- Liz Devereux, director of enterprise virtual infrastructure, Banner Health
- Dee Emon, VP/CIO, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Tina Esposito, VP/information and technology innovation, Advocate Health
- Liz Johnson, CIO, acute care hospitals and applied clinical informatics, Tenet Healthcare
- Beverly Jordan, VP/chief clinical transformation office, Baptist Memorial Health Care
- Rebecca Kaul, chief innovation officer, MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Sheree McFarland, CIO, HCA, West Florida Division
- Theresa Meadows, SVP/CIO, Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Jamie Nelson, SVP/ CIO, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Stephanie Reel, SVP/CIO and vice provost; assistant professor in the Division of Health Sciences Informatics, The Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore
- Pamela Saechow, associate CIO, Cleveland Clinic
- Pat Skarulis, SVP/CIO, Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- Laura Smith, CIO, UnityPoint Health System
- Lisa Stump, SVP/CIO, Yale-New Haven Health
- Deanna Wise, EVP/CIO, Dignity Health
HIT Vendor Executives
Lindy Benton, president, Vyne
- Joanne Burns, chief strategy officer, Cerner
- Judy Faulkner, founder and CEO , Epic
- Nancy Ham, CEO, WebPT
- Lisa Pettigrew, VP/global chief sales and revenue officer, enterprise and cloud applications, DXC Technology
- Billie Whitehurst, SVP of extended care solutions and care operations, Change Healthcare
- Laura Adams, CEO/president, Rhode Island Quality Institute
- Dana Alexander, executive director health advisory, EY
- Helen Figge, SVP/global strategies and development, LumiraDx USA
- Robecca Quammen, founder/CEO, MyConsultQ
- Sue Schade, principal, StarBridge Advisors
- Carla Smith, EVP, HIMSS
- Sheri Stoltenberg, founder/CEO, Stoltenberg Consulting
- Seema Verma, administrator, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Wylecia Wiggs Harris, CEO, AHIMA
Join Carla Smith on June 13, when she hosts a HIMSS Women in Health IT webinar discussing results of the HIMSS U.S. Compensation survey and more. Register today.