Chapters of HIMSS take on an integral role at HIMSS, and so every year we recognize the outstanding accomplishments of chapter advocates who are actively working to make a difference in health information and technology through advocacy at the state, provincial and local level.
The HIMSS Chapter Advocate of the Year Award is a prestigious and widely recognized award presented to the Chapter Advocate who demonstrates exceptional leadership in this arena.
Consider nominating a deserving HIMSS member for the Chapter Advocate of the Year Award – but first, please review the eligibility and requirements below.
- Members who are officially recognized by their Chapter as a Chapter Advocate during the fiscal year 2017-2018 (FY18: July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018).
- Not eligible: current Chapter Advocacy Roundtable (CAR) chair and vice chairs and previous Chapter Advocate of the Year Award recipients.
- Chapter Leaders and Advocates may nominate either themselves (if considered a chapter advocate) and/or other chapter advocates.
Application & Selection Process
- Chapter Leaders and Advocates must email the completed nomination form below to Alana Lerer by Monday, November 5, 2018.
- Submissions are reviewed by the HIMSS State Government Affairs team and CAR leadership.
- The FY18 Chapter Advocate of the Year will be announced during the November 2018 Monthly CAR call.
- The recipient of this award will receive a scholarship to attend HIMSS 2019 Global Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS19)
- The recipient will be recognized during the following HIMSS19 events:
- Public Policy Leaders Networking Breakfast
- State Policy Luncheon
- Chapter Leader and Advocate Pre-conference Workshop