With the COVID-19 Pandemic announcement, healthcare systems are being tested on several levels. The majority of patients are connecting with their healthcare value-chain from their insecure networks at home. A number of healthcare professionals globally are not fully aware of the unprecedented cyber attacks they are facing by opening up emails and links during this already stressful environment. IoT medical devices are not meeting FDA cybersecurity standards and could pose serious threats to providing efficient care to patients in a timely manner if held for ransomware. These dynamic changes are creating great career opportunity for cybersecurity professionals in a variety of settings. Join Centennial College and their partner Xahive to learn about cybersecurity threats facing the healthcare sector, the tools needed to stay safe while working from home and learn more about building your career in cybersecurity.
- Distinguish global statistics on cybersecurity breaches & attacks aimed at healthcare sector
- Describe current cyber problems & gaps in healthcare
- Explain the tools needed to stay safe while at home
- Identify some of the new career opportunities in cybersecurity
- Learn about the type of education and skills needed to be successful in a career in the field
Kevin Deveau, Chair – Distance and Online Learning, Centennial College
Sem Ponnambalam, Co-founder and President, XAHIVE
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.