As the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine reaches the greater population, nurse informaticists have certainly taken part in the success of its dissemination. During this 1-hour roundtable, learn how nurse informaticists assisted in the delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine in a multitude of care settings and ways they have elevated the success of the vaccine rollout.
- Pinpoint ways nursing informatics supports cohort management, eligibility screening and vaccination administration and reporting processes.
- Explore the use of mobile delivery (e.g., scheduling and telephone outreach) while identifying how to move forward with unknown variables to be successful on the “backend.”
- Heighten awareness of tactics that nursing informatics is prioritizing for both health care workers and patients through scheduled appointments and drive-through efforts.
- Mobile vans as an essential endeavor for nurse informaticists in vaccinating underserved populations.
- Sophia F Brown, CPHIMS, MSc, PhD, PMP, RN-BC, Senior Program Manager, Nursing Informatics, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Jill Evans MSN, RN, RN-BC, Director, Clinical Informatics, Metrohealth
- Sean Michaels, MBA-HCA, MSN, RN, CPHIMS, CHCIO, VP IT Operations, CNIO, Health First
- Rebecca Shepherd, DNP, RN, Senior Director, Nursing, Cherokee Nation
Sponsored content. The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.