Explore the current state of the nursing informatics workforce with us and examine the latest trends from the 2022 HIMSS Nursing Informatics Workforce survey. Since 2004, HIMSS has surveyed the nursing informatics community to better understand the functions, responsibilities and compensation related to this role. We’ll discuss the value that nursing informatics brings to the healthcare setting and potential strategies to increase the number of nurse informaticists (NI).
- Illustrate value of nursing informatics by using nursing informatics workforce trends from the 2022 HIMSS Nursing Informatics Workforce Survey
- Describe the various functions and responsibilities of NI in healthcare settings
- Describe the setting, roles, education, certification and other metrics related to the nursing informatics workforce
- Nelita Iuppa, DNP, MS, RN-BC, NEA-BC, FHIMSS, Associate Chief Nursing Officer, Nursing Informatics, The Cleveland Clinic
- Chad Carroll, DNP, MS, RN-BC, Health Informaticist, Northwestern Medicine Healthcare
- Whende M. Carroll, MSN, RN-BC, FHIMSS, Clinical Informatics Advisor, HIMSS
The views and opinions expressed in this content or by commenters are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HIMSS or its affiliates.