TIGER Virtual Learning Environment
Powered by HIMSS, the TIGER Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) is an interactive, digital learning platform designed for academic professionals, students, adult learners and clinical educators. Our personalized educational experience features courses and webinars to expand your knowledge and skill set in a self-paced format.
- Integrate resources and modules into classroom curriculum easily
- Courses tied to certificates of completion
- Get to know leaders in the global health informatics/eHealth field during live webinars
- Access webinars on demand
- CAHIMS™ and CPHIMS™ credential holders earn CE for courses and webinars
Certificate of Completion Courses
Courses in the TIGER VLE are tied to certificates of completion.
Health IT Foundations Course*
This foundational course for interprofessionals new to the health information and technology field is intended to create familiarity with health informatics/eHealth applications in care delivery.
- Get an overview of healthcare, health information and technology, and health information management systems
- Curriculum aligned to CAHIMS certification
- Complimentary access to the VLE
*Included in the Health IT Foundations Package
IT in Healthcare Course
This intermediate course is for experienced interprofessionals interacting with and integrating health information and technology into workflows.
- Explore the healthcare environment, health information and technology acquisition and implementation, e-health implementation and organizational considerations
- Examine a case study on Allina Health’s “One Patient, One Record” EMR initiative
Certificates are awarded once all course modules have been accomplished and subscribers have completed an assessment with a passing score of 70% or higher.
Webinar Series Archive
Expand your knowledge with on demand TIGER Interprofessional Community webinars.
Explore the Platform
Tour the TIGER Virtual Learning Environment in this recorded webinar. Watch an in-depth demo of the platform, focused on navigation, resources and more.
CAHIMS and CPHIMS Credit
CAHIMS and CPHIMS enduring credit is designated for one hour per event for qualified individuals for the webinar series. Download forms from the top navigation toolbar: go to “Webinar Theater,” and drop down to “Credit Forms.”
Choose from two registration packages. After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email with login information and tips for navigating the platform.
Virtual Learner Package: Get unlimited access to the VLE for one year, plus the webinar series and archive. Fee: $65
Health IT Foundations Package: Get unlimited access to the VLE for one year, the webinar series and archive, plus the Health IT Foundations course. Fee: $279
Curriculum Adoption Partner Benefits
Become a TIGER VLE Curriculum Adoption Partner to:
- Get discounts on subscriptions of 10 or more—plus custom demos and tips/techniques to maximize your time in the platform.
- Showcase your organization’s curriculum adoption story in our webinar series and in HIMSS publications.>
To learn more, email us.
Free 30-Day Trial
Qualified institutions may receive a 30-day free trial of the TIGER VLE. For more information, email us.