User experience comprises a person’s “perceptions and responses resulting from the use and/or anticipated use of a product, system or service”. A patient’s health care user experience takes into account the health-related products and systems they use, their service relationship with health care providers, and impact the interaction between those products, systems, and services have on a person’s overall experience with health care.
Top 5 Patient Experience Issues
- Impact of health IT user experience on patient safety
- Lack of health data interoperability
- Non-patient-centered care delivery workflows
- Confusing health care-related billing design
- Lack of health care service pricing transparency