On Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 4 p.m. ET, Beth Elias, PhD, MS, FHIMSS, University of Scranton Health Informatics faculty, and Ursula Hübner, PhD, professor of medical and health informatics from the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck Germany, will present on the new framework of health informatics (HI) Core Competencies for health professionals.
Elias and Hübner were involved with the development of the Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER) framework.
During their Views From the Top session, attendees will learn about:
- The International Competency Synthesis Project and its implication for health informatics professional development
- The different national and international needs for interprofessional health informatics competencies
- National and international health informatics exemplar competency case studies that bring to life competency needs and findings
- Key elements of an eHealth curriculum (undergraduate, postgraduate, continuing education including certifications) for nurses and all health professionals involved in inter-professional patient care.
- Assess how a competency framework can help to demonstrate professional achievements and plan careers
Learn more about this HIMSS19 Views From the Top Session.
Read a preview interview from the presenters.