Are you are a Veteran, Transitioning Service Member, Eligible Spouse or Survivor interested in a career in health IT and would like to attend HIMSS16?
HIMSS16 will take place February 29 - March 4, 2016 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. On 29 Feb, join fellow VCS guests for a day-long career "boot camp", hosted by the HIMSS Veterans Career Services Initiative, where speakers, subject matter experts and fellow veterans share their experiences on transitioning from military service into a civilian healthcare IT career. Throughout the conference, VCS guests can attend any of the over 300 educational sessions, explore 1,200+ exhibitions on our exhibit floor, as well as have many opportunities to network with peers, employers and other service organizations.
Registration for the Career Boot Camp and full HIMSS16 Conference is complimentary for VCS guests. A VCS guest is defined as:
- Veterans interested in learning about a career in Health IT (not currently employed in HIT)
- Transitioning service members
- Military spouses/survivors interested in a career in Health IT (not currently employed in HIT)
In addition to the above, HIMSS Chapters and HIMSS VCS are proud to sponsor Full Travel Honorariums for VCS guests to attend HIMSS16. The honorarium will cover airfare, lodging and per-diem stipend.
- The applicant must be a veteran, transitioning service member, military spouse/survivor (noted above).
- The applicant must not be currently employed in the civilian HIT industry.
- Applicant was not a previous recipient of a HIMSS VCS travel honorarium (HIMSS15).
- The applicant should be interested in pursuing a civilian career in health IT and will be expected to attend all VCS events and educational sessions during HIMSS16 annual conference.
- The applicant must complete the informational survey to include the 500 word or less personal statement "Why attending HIMSS16 would be beneficial to me" at the application link below.
Applications will be accepted 6 July - 28 Aug 2015. No application will be accepted past the 28 August 2015 deadline.