TIGER Virtual Learning Environment
What is the TIGER VLE?
Powered by HIMSS, the TIGER VLE is an interactive, online learning platform for academic professionals, students, adult learners, and clinical educators. This personalized learning experience — containing courses and webinars — expands knowledge and skillset in a self-paced format.
- Easily integrate resources and modules into classroom curriculum
- Courses tied to certificates of completion
- Get to know leaders in eHealth/health IT during live webinars
- Access webinars on-demand
- CA-CPHIMS credential holders earn CE for courses and webinars
*The TIGER VLE requires a $65 subscription includes unlimited access for one year along with the webinar series and archive. *Access to the Health IT Foundations course requires an additional $35 fee
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with login information and tips for navigating the portal with ease. If you do not receive registration confirmation, check your junk mail folder or spam filter.
Become a TIGER curriculum adoption partner for discounts on subscription purchases of ten or more. Bulk subscriptions packages also include custom VLE demonstrations and valuable tips/techniques for maximizing time spent within the education portal.
Access to VLE Curriculum Adoption Stories
SUNY Plattsburgh utilized resources in two Nursing Informatics classes in the fall of 2016 and spring of 2017.
Regis College leveraged the education portal to provide nurse educators with informatics resources in 2017.
Become a TIGER VLE Curriculum Adoption Partner and Share Your Journey!
Share your story of TIGER VLE curriculum adoption with educators, students, and adult learners. We will showcase your story through the TIGER VLE webinar series and HIMSS publications. Contact TIGER for more information.
Courses Tied to Certificates of Completion
Certificates of Completion available for VLE courses:
Health IT Foundations
A foundational course for interprofessionals new to the health information and technology field, intended to create familiarity with applications of informatics in care delivery.
- This course offers an overview of healthcare, health information and technology, and health information management systems. The curriculum is aligned to the new Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS) certification administered by the HIMSS.
- Access to the course requires an additional $35 one-time fee.
IT in Healthcare
An intermediate course for experienced interprofessionals interacting with health information and technology and integrating it into workflow.
- This course features modules that investigate the healthcare environment, healthcare IT acquisition and implementation, e-health implementation, and organizational considerations, as well as a case study on Allina Health’s “ One Patient, One Record” EMR initiative.
Certificates are awarded once all course modules have been accomplished and subscribers have completed an assessment with a passing score of 80% or higher.
Contact TIGER today with questions or for more information!
The TIGER Interprofessional Community Webinar Series is ideal for getting to know leaders in the global eHealth/health IT field, staff development, and knowledge expansion.
Webinar Series Archive
Log into the VLE to access archived webinars.
- From the top navigation toolbar, click on Webinar Theater.
- Sort by project, live, and upcoming presentations.
- Browse by using the filter option or sort by the subject drop down menu.
- Click on Add to Calendar to save reminder for future events.
CA-CPHIMS Credit Available
CP-CAHIMS enduring credit is designated for 1 hour per event for qualified individuals for the webinar series. Forms can be downloaded from dropdown under the Webinar Theatre tab on the top navigation toolbar.Once there, find individual forms for each event. Once these forms are completed, please retain for your records.
Please note: TIGER VLE subscription is required to watch all archived events.
Become a TIGER VLE Ambassador
If you love the VLE, help us spread the word by becoming a TIGER VLE Ambassador! The most effective way to reach people who would benefit from this dynamic education resource is through YOU, our devoted TIGERs. As an ambassador, we’ll equip each of you with a toolkit of VLE materials to share with colleagues, students, faculty, etc.
TIGER Marketing Toolkit
Access useful tools for marketing the TIGER program!
A 30-day free trial available for qualified institutions. Please contact the TIGER team for more information.